Monday, October 8, 2012

Not A Bucket List

I'm definitely not writing a Bucket List, because that's not necessary. I'm not going to be exiting the building any time soon, thanks. But this battle with Multiple Myeloma has definitely renewed my enthusiasm about the future and about living. And I do have a list of things I want to do. And it will all take place after we say "F*ck You" to cancer. So let's call it my F*ck It List instead. It's going to be an ongoing process, so stay tuned for updates.

Here's what I have so far:

The F*ck It List:

  1. Wake up every day and thank God for everyone in my life, in particularly my 3 kids. And I'm going to say that prayer every single morning.
  2. Get a Fiat 15. Small car, big heart. Like some of my friends.
  3. Get my career back on track. I'm going to take this situation from a job to an adventure. I love what I do.
  4. Get physically fit. Enough so that I might be able to be proud of being in pictures.
  5. Pose in a photograph with my favorite Country Singer, Kristy Lee Cook.
  6. Pose in a second photograph with my favorite TV star Alyssa Milano, because yes, I'm a groupie.And meet & greet with Nia Peeples. For the same reason.
  7. Go on all the lunch and dinner dates I've been lining up. I have a lot of those to catch up on.
  8. Spend a nice long weekend in Woodloch Pines with my kids, who choose Woodloch over Disney World. That's how great that place is.
  9. Attend my High School reunion with some of the best people I know.
  10. Ride a bicycle again. More than a block, that is.
  11. Grow a mullet. Ok just kidding about that.
  12. Get a tattoo.  OK just kidding again. I'm way too chicken.
  13. Do anything it takes to reconnect with some people from whom I'm drifted apart. Some of them are worth the effort.
  14. Visit my friends out West. Again. Best time ever.
  15. Visit my friends down South, too. Namely Virginia. (The State)
  16. Beat the hell out of the life expectancy statistics for Multiple Myeloma. Oh, man, Social Security will pay me!
  17. Become a department manager at work. Yes. I love that place. And I'm going to get my career back on track.
  18. Read the Bible, cover-to-cover, again.
  19. Have lunch with Geno, and with Marie O'Kane cuz we're all going to get better.
  20. Love a lot of people who have loved me. And never forget that love. And support. And become active in Multiple Myeloma Awareness. And find a way to thank Michelle & Tommy Brennan, and Rex, my lifelong buddy, for the Blood Drive. Oh, and Rose Mary Brennan too. She donated blood even though it practically killed her.
  21. Spend the rest of my life thanking my parents, brothers, sister, and sister's in law for the support. More than you'll ever know.
  22. Thank my friends from Facebook and Twitter for the endless support.
That's just for starters.

3 comments:

. said...

Why do you always have a way of making me cry?
l love you, Lippy....l'm glad you're thinking....Got me thinking, too....<3

Michelle said...

Love you...

Anonymous said...

Yup...love you.

Nance