Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Let's Get Ready To Rumble

I got invited to a fight. I don't much like to fight. But this time I better get over that and get ready to slug it out.

On Friday, July 13th, (gotta love that date) my oncologist diagnosed me with a cancer called Multiple Myeloma. It's a nasty little cousin to Leukemia and Lymphoma. If you want to know a little more about it, this website can help define it for you.

This cancer has no cure, but we can stomp it into remission. That's the goal. My kids and I talked it over, and they're with me all the way. My parents were with me that day, so they're up to speed too, and, as usual, behind me 100%.

I don't think it's going to be easy. I'm not kidding myself. This little devil messes with the bones, so I'll have to be a lot less clumsy. Don't want to break any more bones, thanks.

On July 19th I'll go in for a bone marrow biopsy, I guess to confirm and stage my cancer. I'll get more info from the oncologist once he has those results. I had a lot of dental work done this week so that my mouth is in good shape for the oncoming treatments.

I want this to be a very loud, public battle, because I want to show cancer who's boss. And I want you all to join the battle so maybe some other people can benefit. I figure if I win, other people will win too. I'm not a hero, I'm not a superman. I'm just a regular guy who is in the fight of his life. Let's let other people know they're not alone in their fights.

Let's kick some ass. :)

Thanks for reading.

No comments: